When planning a shower for the bride, how do you come up with the guest list? Well, here are five things to consider to help get you started:
1. Will the shower be held in a restaurant or in someone’s home? For either venue, what’s the max?
2. Couples or women only? It seems as though women only is still the popular choice.
3. Have the bride and groom been living together, and is their home pretty well stocked? If so, you don’t really “need” every woman invited to the wedding to come bearing household gifts. Maybe relatives and bridal party?
4. Has the couple already been celebrated with a big engagement bash where guests brought gifts? If so, see #3.
5. Are the brides friends just starting out in life and trying to get on their feet? Will they be spending a lot of money to come to the wedding and, possibly, a bachelorette party? If so, spare them the shower obligation and keep it to the bridesmaids and “older ladies” (yes, that means YOUR peers, MOB!).
Next ~ Some fun theme and gift ideas!