Gathered from such eminent sources as the knot, Bridal Guide and Vogue Weddings, here are a few contradictory pairings for 2014 wedding trends:
1. Lots of couples seem to be reigning it in, with “intimate is chic” weddings of 50-120 guests,
Wedding budgets are on the rise, with a trend toward “all nighter” weddings with features like trampoline photo booths.
2. Woodland weddings and highly personalized weddings are big (“pin-spiration”),
Hollywood inspired glam weddings (think Gatsby, formal portraiture, and hothouse flowers) are big right now, as are 90s themed weddings.
3. There is a 20% decrease in destination weddings,
Destination wedding booking at Mexico’s Riviera Maya are at an all-time high.
4. Brights are making a color comeback,
Blush and pale pinks rule when choosing color schemes in 2014.
And my favorite contradiction is one that those planning weddings should consider very carefully:
5. Unplugged weddings are becoming “a thing,” (phone check at the door, polite reminders on websites, programs, etc.),
“Supercharged” weddings seems to be a popular and current choice (custom hashtags, charging stations, insta-everything!).
What does all this mean? To me, it says that regardless of the trends and the exploding wedding industry, there are as many kinds of weddings as there are couples planning them.
Establish a budget and start planning the wedding that’s right for you! A happy couple is a happy party.